SikhPolice, on behalf of various Sikh groups, launched a project which aims to re-unite Sikhs with their original teachings. Their interpretations casts new light on the meanings of the poetic-philosophy, whereby rhetorical questions are answered and the verses are re-presented in relation to their historical context. Authored by one of the leading Sikh intellectuals in the UK, the new version re-interprets the teachings of the Sikh Gurus with a Guru-centric methodology.
The Guru Granth Sahib’s message was excluded from international affairs when Sikhs divorced themselves from their Gurus philosophy and championed other socio-political systems instead. The Guru Granth Sahib is not an outdated philosophy, on the contrary it is a timeless wisdom that can be applied in any age. This project aims to re-unite Sikhs with the teachings of their Gurus so that they can be extracted from their current state of paralysis and the world can benefit from these egalitarian teachings.
Due to reasons of integrity, governmental funding could not be accepted for this project in return for editorial rights, and thus seek crowd-funding (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2006120429/sikh-police-guru-granth-sahib-project) to retain the independence that is needed for a project of this grandeur.
Pal Singh said: “We cannot continue with the present situation where Sikhs are misguided into a state of depression, it is our aim to arm Sikhs with the knowledge of their Gurus. Every Sikh home could have a English version of the Guru Granth Sahib, which will handheld, transportable and digital. This would save a generation of Sikhs.
It is of equal importance that such endeavours do not fall at the first hurdle, as appears to have happened with previous projects, so we address the Sikh commonwealth for their collective support of their Guru”.
Pal Singh is available for comment via the below:
Office: 07990 797 936
Email: admin@SikhPolice.org or twitter @SikhPolice
SikhPolice will host a panel discussion to discuss the project on Saturday 19th December at 14.00. Attendance is subject to application.
- Guru Gobind Singh conferred the authority of Guru to the Guru Granth Sahib. (It is of fundamental importance to understand the distinction that Guru Granth Sahib is the Guru, and not merely a deputy of the Guru).
- The Gurus philosophy is the central and core testament of Sikhism, we reject efforts to undermine the status of the Guru by pseudo-Sikh groups to treat the scripture as an idol.
- This project is in partnership with various, undisclosed, Sikh bodies.
- SikhPolice was founded in 2007 and is the public face of this project. Due to the security risks posed by anti-Sikh forces it behooves that this Sikh policing group should take the lead.
- Further details of the project and how to donate can be found here: http://www.sikhpolice.org/our-vision
Crowd Funding Project